La section française de l'école européenne de Taipei recherche un.e candidat.e qualifié.e pour un poste de professeur.e de littérature française, philosophie susceptible d'être vacant en août 2021. Le candidat doit être de langue maternelle française et avoir un niveau C1 d'anglais.
Le service d’enseignement est réparti sur le collège et le lycée, avec la possibilité d’enseigner la spécialité humanités, littérature et philosophie. Il est demandé d’avoir de solides connaissances dans ces deux disciplines. Le candidat aura comme responsabilité d'exercer sa mission dans le cadre des programmes définis par l’Education Nationale et l’établissement en évaluant les élèves avec bienveillance. Exigeant envers lui-même, le candidat devra l’être tout autant envers ses élèves. Nous valorisons tout candidat qui est familier avec la pédagogie par projet (disciplinaire ou transdisciplinaire), qui inscrit la différenciation au cœur de ses pratiques et pour qui le travail en équipe est un facteur essentiel d’épanouissement professionnel et de réussite des élèves. Il sera attaché à la maîtrise de la langue française au sein d’un parcours plurilingue bénéfique pour l’élève. Il établira des relations professionnelles positives et travaillera avec les parents dans le cadre de la co-éducation. Il aura en charge l’accompagnement et le suivi d’un groupe d’élèves pendant toute l’année scolaire.
The French Section of TES aims to hire professionals of the highest professional integrity and caliber. Working at TES opens up diverse opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our one school mission in creating a life long learning community, our faculty and staff are doing well by doing good by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner who values collaboration and is dedicated to the holistic development of enthusiastic students. The majority of our students are multilingual and represent a range of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. They matriculate to some of the world’s best universities.A strong commitment to the school’s co-curricular programme is also a must.
1. Teachers are responsible for implementing the mission and philosophy of the school, working in collaboration with French, German, Chinese or English Curriculum teachers.
2. They are passionate about working with students, stay abreast of current educational practices and strategies, and are able to use flexible and innovative pedagogical techniques appropriate to a variety of learning styles.
3. Teachers at TES are part of an internationally diverse community of teachers and learners, and they have a willingness to adapt to our unique program and work within an integrated curriculum and practices.
Teachers at Taipei European School make the education of their pupils their first priority and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers at Taipei European School act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships, and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils. A teacher at Taipei European School must:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
4. Plan and teach well-structured lessons.
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities. A teacher is expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct. The following statements define the behaviour and attitudes which set the required standard for conduct at our top international school.
Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside Taipei European School, by:
• treating pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory provisions
• showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
• not undermining fundamental European values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit pupils’ vulnerability or might lead them to break the law. Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies, and practices of Taipei European School, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the policies and procedures which set out their professional duties and responsibilities at Taipei European School.
The school offers competitive compensation and an exceptional learning environment. The school offers a working permit and a visa.
Application Procedures and Timeline
If you are excited by this opportunity, please complete our application form online, and where you will also be asked to upload your CV and a Covering Letter in which you share your experience and enthusiasm for the role.
Your application should consist of:
As an employer committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, it is necessary that when completing your application form there are no gaps shown in your career history. Any breaks of service must be accounted for.
Preferably, your application should be submitted on the online recruitment page.
If this is not possible please send your application by email to email@example.com
Application deadline: (CST) 8.00 a.m. on Tuesday, 23 February 2021.
We encourage the interested teachers to apply for the position as early as possible. The School may take the posting down early if we are able to fill the position before the deadline of the application. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by our HR department. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we may not always be able to acknowledge unsuccessful applications.
Taipei European School is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to the successful completion of safeguarding checks, including effective references from current and previous employers, and criminal record checks.